- This competition is promoted by HarperCollins Publishers Limited (“HarperCollins”), 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF.
- This promotion is open to all UK school staff except employees of HarperCollins (or their parent, subsidiaries or any affiliated companies) and their immediate families, who are not allowed to enter the competition.
- You must be 18 years old to enter this competition.
- How to enter: Tweet about your classroom activities during Michael Morpurgo Month using the hashtag #MorpurgoMonthCompetition.
- The opening date for entries is 00:00 on 01.02.2023. The closing date for entries is 23:59 on 28.02.2023. No entries received after this date will be accepted.
- No purchase necessary.
- Maximum of 1 entrant allowed per household.
- There will be 1 winner, who will win: x1 virtual school visit from Michael Morpurgo
- There will be 2 runners-up, the first will win 30x copies of War Horse (edition: 9780008535711) and the second will win 30x copies of Barney the Horse (edition: 9780008408688).
- The prizes are non-refundable, non-transferable and subject to availability. No guarantee is given as to the quality of the prize.
- No cash or prize alternatives are available.
- HarperCollins reserve the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner of the competition will be picked at random by an independent adjudicator. The winner will be notified via Twitter no later than 14.03.2023 and will be required to email email@example.com to claim their prize.
- Where we require details from you, if you do not provide these within 14 days of notification we reserve the right to select a different winner.
- All entrants are expected to act fairly and in the good spirit of the competition. HarperCollins reserves the right to investigate any irregularities and disqualify entrants at its absolute discretion.
- The prize will be delivered to the winner by 01.02.24. HarperCollins reserves the right to select another winner if the original winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable timeframe.
- Any application containing incorrect, false or unreadable information will be rejected. Any applications made on behalf of or for another person or multiple entries will not be included in the competition.
- HarperCollins’ decision as to who has won the competition and who the runners-up are shall be final.
- To obtain details of the prize winner after the closing date, please write to HarperCollins Children’s Books Marketing dept., HarperCollins Publishers, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9FG.
- The entry instructions are part of the Terms and Conditions for this competition.
- By entering the competition you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you will mean that your entry will not be valid, and you will not be allowed to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition you are agreeing that, if you win, your name and entry may be a) used for the purpose of announcing the winner and/or distributed to individuals who request details of the winner and/or b) in any related publicity by HarperCollins, without additional payment or permission.
- Under no circumstances will HarperCollins be responsible for any loss, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion of the competition or prize.
- HarperCollins will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, changes, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and HarperCollins can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
- Any dispute relating to the competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
Michael Morpurgo Month 2023 Competition T&Cs
“A story a day changes little lives. It changed mine.” Michael Morpurgo writes for The Sunday Times.
This February we are celebrating some of Michael Morpurgo’s unforgettable stories, curated into specially chosen themes, Tales of the Sea, Animal Adventures, Times of War and Timeless Tales. The goal is to introduce children to Michael’s books if they are yet to discover them, or help them find another of… Read More
Michael Morpurgo Month 2020: Win 1 of 10 Private Peaceful DVDs for your school!
This February, we’re celebrating Michael Morpurgo Month! We’re giving 10 lucky schools the chance to win a Private Peaceful DVD as part of our ‘Times of War’ week. To enter, fill out the form below: Michael Morpurgo Month: Win 1 of 10 Private Peaceful DVDs… Read More