This competition has now closed and the winner has been contacted.
Take part in the Michael Morpurgo Reading Challenge! We invite teachers, librarians and home educators to submit the words your students have learnt throughout Michael Morpurgo Month 2019. At the end of the month, we will compile all of the words learnt across hundreds of participating schools and libraries, and create a giant word cloud for you to share, download and explore with your students to further extend their learning.
As a thank you for joining the Michael Morpurgo Reading Challenge, when you submit your list of words, your name will also be added to a competition to win all 16 of the featured Michael Morpurgo books for your school.
Competition opens 1 Feb 2019 and closes 22 March 2019 and is open to UK residents age 18 and over. Please read the full terms and conditions below.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This competition is promoted by HarperCollins Publishers Limited (“HarperCollins”), I London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF.
- This promotion is open to all UK residents except employees of HarperCollins (or their parent, subsidiaries or any affiliated companies) and their immediate families, who are not allowed to enter the competition.
- You must be 18 or older to enter this competition.
- How to enter: Please submit a word from pupils in your class. The word should be a new word or a favourite word your pupil has used during Michael Morpurgo Month. [SPECIFY HOW THEY SUBMIT THEIR REVIEWS – BY EMAIL/ONLINE OR POST? THERE MUST BE A FREE ROUTE OF ENTRY]
- The opening date for entries is 1st February 2019. The closing date for entries is 22nd March 2019. No entries received after this date will be accepted.
- No purchase necessary in order to enter the competition.
- Only one entry is allowed per household.
- The prize is a full set of the 16 Michael Morpurgo books featured during Michael Morpurgo Month 2019 for your library.
- The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and subject to availability. No guarantee is given as to the quality of the prize.
- No cash or prize alternatives are available.
- HarperCollins reserve the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner of the competition will be selected by an independent judge/name judges based on the following criteria: drawn at random from all qualifying entries by an independent adjudicator and notified by email no later than the 18th April 2019. Where we require details from you, if you do not provide these within 28 days of notification we reserve the right to select a different winner.
- All entrants are expected to act fairly and in the good spirit of the competition. HarperCollins reserves the right to investigate any irregularities and disqualify entrants at its absolute discretion.
- The prize will be delivered to the winner on 18th April 2019. HarperCollins reserves the right to select another winner if the original winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable timeframe.
- Any application containing incorrect, false or unreadable information will be rejected. Any applications made on behalf of or for another person or multiple entries will not be included in the competition.
- HarperCollins’ decision as to who has won the competition shall be final.
- To obtain details of the prize winner after the closing date, please write to email@example.com HarperCollins Publishers, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9FG, within one (1) month after the date that the winner is announced..
- The entry instructions are part of the Terms and Conditions for this competition.
- By entering the competition you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you will mean that your entry will not be valid, and you will not be allowed to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition you are agreeing that, if you win , your name and entry may be a) used for the purpose of announcing the winner and/or distributed to individuals who request details of the winner and/or b) in any related publicity by HarperCollins, without additional payment or permission.
- Under no circumstances will HarperCollins be responsible for any loss, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion of the competition or prize or the delivery of the prize.
- HarperCollins will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, charges, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and HarperCollins can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
- Any dispute relating to the competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.