Collins Big Cat - A Visit to the Farm: Band 07/Turquoise (Collins Big Cat)
By Michael Morpurgo, Illustrated by Steve Lumb, Series edited by Cliff Moon, Prepared for publication by Collins Big Cat
The renowned children’s writer Michael Morpurgo has written this vivid account of a child’s stay at a farm, told in the form of letters home and illustrated with photographs of animals and children on location at the farm. Humorous and engaging, it conveys the fun and excitement of working closely with animals.
- Turquoise/ Band 7 books offer literay language and extended descriptions, with longer sentences and a wide range of unfamiliar terms.
- Text type – A recount of a visit.
- There is a timetable of the week’s events on page 22 and an index on page 23 to help children recount the story.
- Curriculum links -Geography: Plants and animals in the local environment; Citizenship: Animals and us.
- This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.
- This book has been quizzed for Accelerated Reader.
Princess Anne visits Nethercott House to celebrate Farms for City Children’s 40th Anniversary
On Tuesday 17th January, HRH, The Princess Royal, visited Nethercott House to celebrate the 40th anniversary of Farms for City Children. Having arrived by helicopter, Princess Anne was greeted by the Lord Lieutenant and founders of the charity, Michael and Clare Morpurgo. Princess Anne visited the piggery, the forest… Read More
Farms for City Children Celebrates its 40th Anniversary
Farms for City Children celebrates its 40th anniversary this year, and proceeds from Michael Morpurgo’s new book “Didn’t we have a lovely time?” will help give even more urban children a chance to experience a real farm. Chief Executive Dr Tessa Stone writes about this unique endeavour. Farms for City Children… Read More