This competition is now CLOSED!
Win a family ticket to see Michael Morpurgo LIVE this summer, plus a full set of Michael Morpurgo books for your school!
There are so many great Michael Morpurgo books to enjoy, but this month we’ve highlighted sixteen of his must-reads! The books are grouped into four themes: Animal Adventures, Times of War, The Natural World, and Tales Retold. All you have to do is write your own book review of one of these 16 titles (maximum 100 words), and be in with a chance to WIN the full set.
The competition is open to UK residents only, from 1 Feb 2019 and closes 22 March 2019.Participants must be age 18 or older – if you are under 18, please ask your parent or guardian to enter on your behalf. Please read the full terms and conditions below.
COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This competition is promoted by HarperCollins Publishers Limited (“HarperCollins”), I London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF and First Group Enterprises Limited (“First News”), 58 Southwark Bridge Road, London, SE1 0AS.
- This promotion is open to all UK residents except employees of HarperCollins (or their parent, subsidiaries or any affiliated companies) and their immediate families, who are not allowed to enter the competition.
- You must ask a parent or guardian to submit your entry for this competition if you are under 18 years old.
- How to enter: Write a review of one of Michael Morpurgo’s books, and you could win a family ticket to see Michael Morpurgo Live, PLUS a full set of 16 Michael Morpurgo Month books for your school! [SPECIFY HOW THEY SUBMIT THEIR REVIEWS – BY EMAIL/ONLINE OR POST? THERE MUST BE A FREE ROUTE OF ENTRY]
- The opening date for entries is 1st February 2019. The closing date for entries is 22nd March 2019. No entries received after this date will be accepted.
- No purchase necessary in order to enter the competition.
- Only one entry is allowed per household
- The prize is: Win a family ticket to see Michael Morpurgo LIVE, plus a full set of 16 Michael Morpurgo Month books for your school!
- Please find a list of Michael Morpurgo LIVE events which the winner will be permitted to choose one event from here: https://faneproductions.com/products/michaelmorpurgo
- Travel and accommodation are not included in the prize.
- The prize is non-refundable, non-transferable and subject to availability. No guarantee is given as to the quality of the prize.
- No cash or prize alternatives are available.
- HarperCollins reserve the right in their reasonable discretion to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
- The winner of the competition will be selected by an independent judge/name judges based on the following criteria: drawn at random from all qualifying entries by an independent adjudicator and notified by email no later than the 18th April 2019. Where we require details from you, if you do not provide these within 28 days of notification we reserve the right to select a different winner.
- All entrants are expected to act fairly and in the good spirit of the competition. HarperCollins reserves the right to investigate any irregularities and disqualify entrants at its absolute discretion.
- The prize will be delivered to the winner on 18th April 2019. HarperCollins reserves the right to select another winner if the original winner cannot be contacted within a reasonable timeframe.
- Any application containing incorrect, false or unreadable information will be rejected. Any applications made on behalf of or for another person, save for applications made on behalf of an under 18 to whom the entrant is a parent or guardian, or multiple entries will not be included in the competition
- HarperCollins’ decision as to who has won the competition shall be final.
- To obtain details of the prize winner after the closing date, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org HarperCollins Publishers, 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9F within one (1) month of the date that the winner is announced.
- The entry instructions are part of the Terms and Conditions for this competition.
- By entering the competition you are agreeing to accept these Terms and Conditions. Any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you will mean that your entry will not be valid, and you will not be allowed to enter this competition.
- By entering this competition you are agreeing that, if you win, your name and entry may be a) used for the purpose of announcing the winner and/or distributed to individuals who request details of the winner and/or b) in any related publicity by HarperCollins, without additional payment or permission.
- Under no circumstances will HarperCollins be responsible for any loss, damages, costs or expenses arising from or in any way connected with any errors, defects, interruptions, malfunctions or delays in the promotion of the competition or prize or the delivery of the prize.
- HarperCollins will not be responsible unless required by law, for any loss, charges, costs or expenses, which may arise in connection with this competition and HarperCollins can cancel or alter the competition at any stage.
- Any dispute relating to the competition shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.